Today, Microsoft released that Windows 10 will be available on July 29th, 2015. Its new features will include:
- Cortana – the world’s first truly digital assistant.
- Edge – The new internet browser offering quick results and a reading view which makes websites easier to read.
- New improved apps – for media like photos, videos, music, maps and more.
- Windows Continuum – allows for smooth transition from a tablet to a laptop experience and vice versa.
- Windows Hello – “What are you doing…Dave?” – A feature that reminds of of the HAL 9000 in 2001: a Space Odyssey. OK, no, its a way to make authentication secure and much easier.
- Windows Store – Install and Uninstall applications with ease.
All that aside, Microsoft also states and we have noticed overall improvements to resource useage, speed, and experience. Goodbye Windows 8.1! More information on the release > Windows 10 Available on July 29, 2015
Written by: Kevin Calgren, Partner